The Anywhere of Everything, No Matter the Time, is a choreographed installation for the youngest audiences and children with diverse needs who relate to the world differently. It explores the possibilities of an event-world rather than an object world – something more dynamic and relatively unpredictable. It aims at diverse sensory experiences and a heightened sensitivity towards the immediate physicality of the world by interlacing movement, dance, music, visual art and light design.
Our intention for this production is to create a safe space for audiences who might not usually have access to the theatre – eg, babies (who have not started to walk actively) and/or atypically developing children who have physical challenges to go into a theatre and experience a performance. Aligned with this intention, this production will not be suitable for active walkers and/or explorers, regardless of cognitive development.
The installation space has been composed to give audiences the opportunity to choose between open and intimate spaces within their own timeline of experience. It consists of objects in a variety of textures and volumes, which propose diverse possibilities for interplay; aiming to stimulate the audience’s curiosity, encourage playful exploration as well as provide a calm and intimate space for relaxation.
Within the installation-performance, audiences are free to move around and experience the show as they wish – sitting, lying, crawling, rolling, resting.
Each slot is for 2-hours and there is no fixed beginning or ending for the performance. Audiences can arrive anytime, go out for a break and/or come back, within these 2-hour duration. We recommend that audience spend approximately 45min within the space to experience the work.
For parents with neurodiverse children with additional mobility needs, this production allows you and your child to experience a sensorial theatrical setting in any way that is most comfortable for you. We hope that this accessible work will minimise any of the anxieties that social norms and conventions may arise from a typical theatrical setting.
The performance does not have any educational or healing aspirations.
Tickets are available for pairs only, with limited spaces.
– This is a 2-hour durational piece and audiences can arrive anytime and stay however long within their 2 hour slot. Ticket holders will not be given access to EXPLORE Masak Masak.
– This performance will take place at The Goodman Arts Centre Blackbox, and NOT The Artground.
– Non-slip socks are compulsory for all adults and children to maintain cleanliness of the space for the crawlers.
– For neurodiverse audiences, you are free to bring in your wheelchairs and/or any mobility devices that may assist you.
– If you have any questions about the suitability of the production for your child, please contact email@example.com
Dates: 15 – 30 October 2022
Tuesday – Friday, Mon (24 Oct, PH): 9.30am to 11.30am, 1pm to 3pm.
Saturday & Sunday – 9.30am to 11.30am, 1pm to 3pm, 4pm to 6pm.
Show duration: Each slot is for 2-hours and there is no fixed beginning or ending for the performance so audiences can arrive anytime within this 2 hours.
Suitable Audience: Pre-walking babies (from 6 months and up) and neuro-divergent young children with additional mobility needs, who would enjoy music, movement and sensory objects in an aesthetic setting, along with their carers.
Ticket Price: $50/pair (Admits 1 adult and 1 child)
Venue: Blackbox, Goodman Arts Centre, 90 Goodman Rd, Block M #01-53, Singapore 439053
Do consider the design intentions of the production before you book your tickets. As a small arts charity, we rely on ticketing income for sustainability. If you book tickets for an independent, active walking child, unfortunately entry will be denied for the safety of the targeted audience and tickets will not be refunded. Thank you!
2 shows added for neurodiverse walking children. Details and tickets here
About the Artist
Dalija Acin Thelander works within the performing arts field as a choreographer, theatre maker and cultural worker. She is involved in intensive research and creation in the field of contemporary dance for babies and children since 2008, as well as teaching and lecturing, asserting the importance of the early encounters with art. Her work aspires to contribute to the notion of choreography as expanded practice and focuses on audience’s agency, intersensoriality and emplacement. Her performances for the youngest audiences have been presented in Japan, Korea, India, China, Brazil, South Africa and Europe. Her choreographed installation for babies “Baby Space” was created in Serbia, Poland, Denmark, Japan, China, Singapore and Greenland.
She is the recipient of the ASSITEJ Award for Artistic Excellence in 2021, awarded at 19th World Congress of ASSITEJ – International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People.
Choreography and over-all design: Dalija Acin Thelander
Performers: Neo Jialing, Chew En Shaw, Valerie Lim, Sarah Oh, Stefanie Teo, Lam Kar Yi
Music Composer: Crystal Goh
Scenic Assistant: Eve Tan, Celeste Tan (Phase 1)
Stage Manager: Mirabel Neo
Produced by: The Artground
Terms and Conditions (Please read carefully before you purchase your tickets)
– This ticket only gives you a 2 hour access to the durational Installation-Performance: The Anywhere of Everything, No Matter the Time.
-This class of ticket is chargeable, with each ticket admitting one adult and one child only. Each ticket is strictly non-interchangeable between other adults and children. Limited additional adult-only tickets may be purchased onsite for $15.
– Tickets are strictly non-refundable. If you are unable to make the Programme for any reason (including covid-related matters), you may transfer your ticket to another pair (child has to be of the same suitability). No credit notes can be issued and change of dates/ times are not permitted. Please choose your date and time carefully.
– Non-slip socks are compulsory for all adults and children
– The Artground reserves the right to refuse entry to active and/or independent walking children even if you have purchased a ticket. No refunds will be issued.
– All children must be accompanied by one adult into the performance.
– Photography and Videography may be taken by event organisers for marketing and archival purposes.