Applications are now closed!
INHEPI is an intensive week of artist collaboration that aims to seed new interactive works for children. We are looking for up to 12 Artists from Australia and Singapore who either:
– work in children’s interactive arts experiences
– work in interactive arts experiences and interested in creating work for children
– work in the Arts for Young Audiences sector and interested in creating interactive works.
INHEPI is for curious beings, interested in collaborating, asking questions and testing new ideas. All art disciplines are welcome to apply.
Why would I want to do this?
– to collaborate with artists from Australia and Singapore from varying practices
– to seed new ideas for children aged 6 to 12yrs.
– to test ideas immediately with children & learn what ideas could be developed further
– to have the opportunity to risk & fail in a safe environment
– to work very intensely in a short amount of time to invigorate your practice
Each day the group decides on 1-2 questions they’d like to investigate and use as stimulus for creation. For example, how can we explore trust with children? How can we make a work about water? How can we explore resilience in an interactive work?
Alone or in small groups we then create a small experience that explores a set question. We share this with each other as “audience”, give feedback and then test it with a children’s audience & receive feedback from them.
Over 5 days we end up having lots of “seeds” of work that we’ve created with different collaborators in the group. Past INHEPIs have seeded works that lead to further development and/or future collaborations.
Past INHEPI’s have occurred in Denmark, France, Italy & Australia. http://www.farearte.org/it/inhepi-2/
For more information:
Watch: Here is a video of the INHEPI that occurred at ArtPlay, Melbourne.
HOW TO APPLY?
Tues 11th to Sat 15th June
9am to 5.30pm daily.
The ArtGround, 90 Goodman Road #01-40 Singapore 439053
Email a CV (max 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org & a 1-page letter (or approx. 2 mins video) articulating why you would like to be involved by 25 April 2019, 2359 hrs.
You must be available for all 5 days of the Lab.
*If you’re interested in joining but unable to commit to the full 5 days, do let us know how many days you’re able to commit!
INHEPI Lab is being lead by Australian artist Alex Desebrock from Maybe ( ) Together, and co-founder of the initial INHEPI at Carte Blanche in Denmark. www.maybetogether.com.au
The Artground is an arts space in Singapore that aims to provide positive arts experiences across a variety of art forms for children aged 12 and under in an accessible space that welcomes children from every community. We are interested to create, develop and support platforms for original content that are engaging and age appropriate across a variety of presentation modes. www.theartground.com.sg