The Groundbreakers programme
The Artground – A Curious Place to be aims to be a space where all artists, young and younger, can be curious about discovering different ways of artmaking, and create works that are delightful for their audiences. We believe that all children deserve aesthetic experiences that are thoughtfully designed and considered. The Artground will provide the space, literal & figurative, for artmakers to conceptualize, to devise, to test and to design these experiences in order to break new ground in this field.
As part of our Groundbreakers programme, The Artground invites artists to propose ideas to be incubated at our space. Upon selection, all artists will embark on a year-long process and have
– Access to The Artground for development and devising
– A project stipend between $3,000 – $5,000, dependent on the nature of the project
– Ability to present WIP works to targeted age-groups as part of the developmental test-bedding process
– Feedback & responses from parents and/or children at each stage of development
– Opportunities to share and network with overseas artists presented by The Artground.
Applications for our first Groundbreakers callout last November – December 2017 has closed. Please stay tuned for our future artist calls.
The children panel has selected our Groundbreakers from our 2017 callout. We are pleased to present
Slinky Sticky Toys by The Kueh Tutus
Sunny Islanders Project by Rolypoly Kids
The Invisible Invincible by MySuperFuture