Seeking Groundbreakers 2019
The Artground – A Curious Place to be aims to be a space where all artists, young and younger, can be curious about discovering different ways of artmaking, and create works that are delightful for their audiences. We believe that all children deserve aesthetic experiences that are thoughtfully designed and considered. The Artground will provide the space, literal & figurative, for artmakers to conceptualize, to devise, to test and to design these experiences in order to break new ground in this field.
As part of our Groundbreakers 2019 programme, The Artground (TAG) invites artists to propose ideas to be incubated at our space. Upon selection, all artists will embark on a year-long process and have
– Access to The Artground for development and devising, schedule upon mutual discussion with TAG team
– A project stipend between $3,000 – $5,000, dependent on the nature of the project
– Ability to present WIP works to targeted age-groups as part of the developmental test-bedding process at The Artground and/or at pre-schools
– Feedback & responses from educators, parents and/or children at each stage of development
– Opportunities to share and network with overseas artists presented by The Artground.
Important Dates & Notes
- All applications must be completed on https://goo.gl/forms/5SoH7Pe11xIyMUyK2 and sent in by 31 Dec 2018 2359hrs.
- All shortlisted applicants will be notified by 5th Jan 2019 and are required to attend the Pitch session on the 12th Jan 2019, anytime between 2pm – 5pm. Attendance for the Pitch is compulsory to be considered for the GroundBreakers programme.
- Each individual Pitch session will be 10 min plus 5 min Q&A from the TAG Children Panel.
- GroundBreakers 2019 will start in Feb 2019 – Jan 2020. Applicants will be notified by 24 Jan 2019.