Exposure, Participate, Innovate, and Create
Singapore/ Yogyakarta (Pesta Boneka Puppet Festival)
The Artground is conducting an Open Call for local artists across all art forms in the Arts for Young Audiences (A4YA) sector; interested in developing their practice in work for young audiences aged 9 years and below.
E.P.I.C., which stands for Exposure, Participate, Innovate and Create, is The Artground’s artist development and international artist exchange programme, and offers tiered levels of capability development opportunities. This year, the E.P.I.C. Programme will be take place in Singapore (July 2022) and Yogyakarta, Indonesia (Pesta Boneka Puppet Festival 2 – 10 October 2022) alongside Papermoon Puppet Theatre.
Please refer to the Open Call Infosheet for details.
Download PDF | 127KB
Who are we looking for?
Singaporean and PR artists who are
– Interested to work with young audiences
– Keen to work with and/or collaborate on projects for young audiences involving puppetry
– Open minded to different ways of playing and designing work in/for various cultural contexts
– Able to rough it out with other EPIC participants and regional/international artists.
What you will get from the E.P.I.C programme
TAG will provide
– Airport transfer in Yogyakarta (*Please note that you will be required to pay and arrange for your own air travel to Yogyakarta.)
– 8-nights’ accommodation in a shared facilities space (You will share a room with bathroom with fellow EPIC participants, and there will be a common kitchen for all)
– Meals cooked by the Pesta Boneka team (We are in Indonesia so think local fare)
– Full access to the Pesta Boneka festival, including forums and workshops with local and international artists.
– 2.5 days masterclass by Papermoon Puppet Theatre (in Singapore, 22 – 24 July 2022) to develop a collaborative WIP work with and to local audiences at The Artground.
– Presentation of said collaborative work within Pesta Boneka for Indonesian families and an international delegation
Important Dates (SG time)
Open Call: 28th May – 24th June 2022
All submissions must reach us by 24th June 2022, 2359hrs.
Selected applicants will be notified by 1st July 2022.
You have to be available for all the following dates to apply for E.P.I.C 2022: Pesta Boneka.
– Zoom meeting with The Artground and Papermoon Puppet Theatre 8th July 2022, Friday 2pm – 4pm
– Masterclass with Papermoon Puppet Theatre 22nd July – 24th July 2022, Friday – Sunday, 2.5 days
– Travel to Yogyakarta, Indonesia for Pesta Boneka Puppet Festival from 2nd – 10th Oct 2022
Applicants are required to prepare and submit:
1) Application form here
2) A 3-min video introducing yourself and pitching an idea for Pesta Boneka (Link to be submitted in application form)
3) Curriculum Vitae (Document to be uploaded in application form)
Late/ Incomplete submissions will not be considered. For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org