The Artground – A Curious Place To Be is managed and nurtured by The Ground Co Limited, a registered arts charity. We aim to provide positive arts experiences across a variety of art forms for children from birth to 9 years old in an accessible space that welcomes children from every community.
Through our GroundBreakers programme, we aim to be a space where all artists, young and younger, can be curious about discovering different ways of artmaking, and create works that are delightful for their audiences. We believe that all children deserve aesthetic experiences that are thoughtfully designed and considered. The Artground will provide the space, literal & figurative, for artmakers to conceptualize, to devise, to test and to design these experiences in order to break new ground in this field.
As part of the GroundBreakers programme, The Artground (TAG) invites artists to propose new ideas, targeted at children from birth to 9 years, to be incubated at our space. These ideas / concepts can slide along the spectrum between live and digital presentations as we navigate the currently fluid performative boundaries. The focus of the creative development should be child-centric where the children (and their carers/parents where applicable) are co-creators in the process. We are looking for artists who have not applied and/or been successful in the GroundBreakers programme; and welcome artists who are new to the sector as well. Experience in working with children is not essential in a successful application.
Upon selection, all artists will embark on a year-long process and have:
Please note that:
Live work-in-progress presentations are contingent on prevailing safe distancing regulations. As such, schedules and work plans for selected projects affected may be subjected to change and mutual agreement between artist/s and TAG.
For selected digital presentations, a customised work plan based on the concept will be discussed between artist/s and TAG to be mutually agreed upon.
– All applications must be completed on this Google Form by 19 January 2023 2359hrs.
– All shortlisted applicants will be notified by 1 February 2023 and are required to attend the Pitch session with a children’s panel on 18 February 2023, between 12pm – 5pm. Attendance for the Pitch is compulsory to be considered for the GroundBreakers programme.
– Each individual Pitch session will be 7 min plus 5 min Q&A from the TAG Children Panel
– Selected Applicants will be notified by 1 March 2023 and GroundBreakers 2023 will start in Apr 2023 – Mar 2024.
– Artist/s has to be locally based.
For more information, please email email@example.com