Call for Artists for Groundbreakers programme!
The Artground – A Curious Place to be aims to be a space where all artists, young and younger, can be curious about discovering different ways of artmaking, and create works that are delightful for their audiences. We believe that all children deserve aesthetic experiences that are thoughtfully designed and considered. The Artground will provide the space, literal & figurative, for artmakers to conceptualize, to devise, to test and to design these experiences in order to break new ground in this field.
As part of our Groundbreakers programme, The Artground invites artists to propose ideas to be incubated at our space. Upon selection, all artists will embark on a year-long process and have
– Access to The Artground for development and devising
– A project stipend between $3,000 – $5,000, dependent on the nature of the project
– Ability to present WIP works to targeted age-groups as part of the developmental test-bedding process
– Feedback & responses from parents and/or children at each stage of development
– Opportunities to share and network with overseas artists presented by The Artground
An example of a typical Groundbreakers programme schedule at The Artground (TAG)
Confirmation of selected artists & first meeting
Artist spends 2 weeks developing the idea in TAG
A WIP showcase with the target audience during “Weekends at TAG”.
Receive feedback from parents/children (via videos, drawings).
Post-modem discussion with TAG team.
Month 4 – 7:
Professional Development with overseas artists (TBC)
Artist comes back for 2nd stage of development, test-bedding, feedback & discussion.
Feedback & Evaluation with TAG team.
Who Should Apply?
This is open to artists at all stages of their careers. It is also open to companies and collectives.
Shortlisted artists/groups will be expected to:
• Pitch to The Artground panel about their idea.
• Each group will be given 10min to pitch, and participate in a Q&A session after.
Selected Artist Will Be Expected To:
• Participate in the Groundbreakers programme, and any related initiatives for the development of the project goals eg artist profile on TAG website, presentation of WIP showcases at relevant platforms
• Retain full IP rights of final works with the acknowledgement of Groundbreakers incubation programme at all future presentations of developed work
• Liaise with a TAG staff with regards to use of venue and production requirements
• Sign a Project Agreement for the project stipend.
Interested artists need to submit an online application using the form provided below. We are taking applications for projects from 9 Nov 2017 onwards. Applications close on the 7 Dec 2017, 2359hrs.
We recommend you cover the following areas in your application:
• A clear artist statement in relation to your proposed idea
• A summary of your artistic practice/belief
• Be clear about the resources you require
• Provide relevant support materials including your biography or CV, weblinks to your previous work
Applications open: 9 Nov 2017
Applications close: 7 Dec 2017, 2359hrs
Notification of Shortlisted Artists: 14 Dec 2017
Proposal Pitch: 21 Dec 2017, 10am – 1pm
Notifications of successful submissions: 15 Jan 2018
*All successful submissions will be notified via email.
All information correct at time of print, and subjected to change.